Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Between a Rock and a Stony Place




I've been putting off having lithotripsy done on my three large clusters of kidney stones for about three years now. I've finally gotten brave and have decided it really needs to be done (especially if we're going to try to have one more baby before I'm too over the hill, etc.) Anyhoo, I finally worked up the nerve, called my doctor and I'm having the procedure this Tuesday--which also happens to be Ashley's birthday. Ashley is not happy with me, but that's the only available date for at least a couple of months. My doctor happens to be getting shoulder surgery in a couple of weeks, and Tuesday is the only date I could schedule my procedure before he's gone. Blech. SO--drink your fluids, friends; drink your fluids.
Ps. The lame girl with the lame smile on the table makes it all look rather glamorous. Don't be fooled. Besides, I'm fairly confident I won't be asked to wear a sports bra or get a tan for this.

7 comments:

TRICIA said...

good luck mindy-let me know if I can help with anything!

amya said...

Good luck, I hope it all goes smoothly! What's the recovery like for this?

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck.

Amber said...

You should TOTALLY wear your sports bra and get a tan.
Good luck! Let us know if we can help with anything.

Mindy K said...

Thanks, Girls,

The recovery on this is just a couple of days. All the little bits of blasted stone have to come out, and I may or may not have to have a stent in me until they do.

Meredith said...

So did you tan up for the big event and wear a sports bra? I sure hope so. =D Hope it went well and happy b-day to Ashlie!

Kelly said...

I'm just catching up on blogs now...How did the procedure go? I hope you are okay. Boy, us Bunco girls and our "procedures" lately, is this a sign we are getting old? Just kidding! Happy Birthday to Ashley!