Friday, May 1, 2009

Ashley's walking field trip

I volunteered to go on Ashley's 4th grade walking field trip to the Gale History museum. It turned out to be much cooler than I had expected.





It had all sorts of replicas and hands-on things for the kids to do. There were cute old-timer South Jordan residents there to tell you about the town's history. I learned that this area was once called Gale because it was mercilessly windy when people first settled here (Thus the name Gale Center. I thought it was somebody's last name.) Ashley's teacher, Miss Bailey's ancestors were the first settlers in the Gale area.



On the way home the kids motioned for every passing car to honk. They counted up at least fifty cars who responded, so they thought the walk was great.

1 comments:

Christel Stearman said...

Hi! My name is Christel Stearman I came across the Young Women blog that you posted on. I am the Camp Director for our ward in Syracuse, UT and was wondering if you would be willing to share any ideas you guys did for camp last year. Our theme is "Daughter of a King" I am having a hard time with princess skits. Thanks for your help! It looks like your wards turned out really good. My email address is christel88@yahoo.com or blog is www.stearmanclan.blogspot.com Thanks again! Christel