Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tea Party Girls

Here's to long, lost friends--the kind you had themed, dress-up tea parties with in high school (our senior year we came as our future selves) and swore you would never forget, no matter what people said. Well it's been fifteen years, and I admit I let my friends kinda slip away just a little--okay, completely. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It took a bit of effort, and Carol had to drive all the way down from Idaho, but we finally got together. Holy blast from the past!! We were a bit on the quiet side at first, but then the old yearbooks and home movies (of Jeanette, Carol and Christina performing Grease) came out. The ice melted, we reminisced about "remember when" and "Ooh, he was so cuute!" and "whatever happened to"...

Christina had us all over to her new house she's only been living in for two weeks--one of which she spent on vacation. It was immaculate and decorated. Nobody was shocked :) Hooray! Some things never change.




I stole these great pictures from Chris's blog--she was the only one with a timer on her camera. I don't even know when or how this little beauty was taken, but it's great. That is a classic Christina grin, and I have got a fabulous fan of eyelashes, plus a shot up the nose going for me.






4 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun Mindy! I've always wondered what it would be like to get back together with old HS friends like that...You described it just as I imagined!

TRICIA said...

It was so fun I thought. I still really like those girls that is for sure!

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

How fun to get together! I miss my high school frieds. Thank goodness for blogs and facebook!!! You look great and I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!

angie said...

HI! I'm so glad to know your blog. You guys are so cute- I love staying in touch this way- Angie Lancaster