Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twi-light budget


Loved getting together with the girls for the much-anticipated movie. If you tell anyone I went twice I will deny it--once with my bookclub girls. Connie arranged for us to drive up to Ogden and stay overnight in their condo. So much fun. Then again with the bunco girls and Amber. Amber snapped this, and I stole it just now from Kelly's blog.
The movie was fun. Way low budget--the vampires' necks were still pink. Finish your makeup, people!! Not a fan of the unnecessary obsession with trees or the monkey comments. Weird. I also thought they should have left Bella and her dad at home instead of eating out every meal in the diner. I thought that diverted from her character. And other things. A good first draft, but not Hollywood polished enough for all the hype. I heard on the radio the next one will start filming in March and that now they have enough money to actually go to Italy!!
Robert Pattinson, however, did a much better job than I had hoped. I think he could be an Edward. Kudos to Robert.

3 comments:

angie said...

Hey Mindy- I heard some negative things about the movie-so it was better than I expected. I liked it!-it was way low-budget, but really kept to the feeling of the book. It was fun. Looks like a cute group of friends!

Willardson Family said...

Mindy it was fun! We need to have girls nights more often!!

Amber said...

Mindy, I want to see pics of your new curtains! Or hopefully we can make it up there this week to see them, but I don't know if we will...