Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Little Naughty Sunbeam

"Jesus wants me for a sunbeam"--?--I hope that still applies to Grace. She just turned three in September, and today was her first day in Sunbeams. She was pretty good--I lead the music in sharing time so I was there as a witness. She chatted loudly to everyone, gave big answers and sang I Love to See the Temple with zest--informing everyone that is her favorite song. So far, still cute.

She did not want to go with her teacher. Susan Burton goes above and beyond her teacher callings. I know she prepared for at least a week in advance. She had crowns, googly-eyed paper dolls with real lace bows that the kids made for themselves, personalized pictures of Jesus. I was in Young Women's with Susan, and she was frustrated if we ever changed the lesson schedule around because she already had her hand-outs done a month in advance. And she's a sweet grandma. Susan told me she came over twice yesterday to visit Grace, but we were gone both times.

She tried very hard with Grace--Grace wanted to have nothing to do with her--wild little pest! She actually made it through 2/3 of the class though, and then she was returned by a member of the primary presidency. Susan brought Grace her bag of adorable handouts and treasures after class. A minute later Kevin caught Grace throwing them on the floor and stomping on them.
:( So naughty--please don't tell Susan. I would be mortified. SO, we're gonna give it another run next week. Heaven help sweet Sister Burton and the sunbeams.

7 comments:

kj said...

Wow!!! Sounds like it is going to be fun! :) What would life be like without Grace... she makes life so much more interesting and entertaining. Love her!!!

Glad to see you are back! Missed you!

Allison said...

It made my day to be able to witness Grace stomping on her carefully prepared items!!! She is a riot, and it makes me smile to see others struggling with strong willed young ones!!! Only the lucky survive!!!

angie said...

Hey- glad to see you are posting again! I love naughty toddler stories-especially when they are about other people's kids! Sounds like Grace's teacher could use a little stirring up. Grace will be good for her :)

TRICIA said...

sounds like Jace-after church he ran up to me to give me a hug and he said very proudly-"I had time out!" What a great first week with new teachers!

Rebecca said...

Kassidee is there to can you believe it. I wish she had just a smidgin of that zest from your sweet adorable Grace. Kassidee is SO shy she just sits and doesn't say a word. Don't you love being in there to watch her though. I am in there too so I can watch her NOT singing. I would gladly take a bit of Grace's enthusiasm for sunbeams for Kassidee :) How are you? Is your Hubby still surviving being in the bishopric. Your girls are getting so big!

Amber said...

Sooo funny!

Amber said...

Oh, FYI, if you want, you can remove my lia sophia website from your blog since I don't sell it anymore. :)