Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some people's mothers

THAT'S SO ASHLEY!


(This is the look Ashley wants for her room-except in aqua accents, not pink)
Ashley's chandelier

Last week we went to Ikea and started redoing Ashley's room. We pulled everything out and got her a new bed. We also bought her the beginnings of some new bedding and a chandelier she really wanted. When we got home I discovered the chandelier was going to be much too big for her room.

Most decor-conscious mothers, I'm sure would pack up the chandelier and try again. We, however, put it on up. It's directly over her bed, so nobody can bump into it until unless they try.

It's just so Ashley to have an oversized chandelier focal point in her room, and I must admit, it's growing on me. She wants to do a black, white and aqua room.Her new bedding is black and white. We're going to paint the room a super light aqua, do one wall of damask black and white wallpaper behind her bed and then do bright aqua accents. Once we get it done it will be really cute, and maybe the chandelier won't look quite so ginormous.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I think it's cute. Yes, big, but still way cute. And yes...that is so Ashley :)

Allison said...

Such a girlie girl, what I only could dream for....How fun, can't wait to see it done!!!!

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

I think in will be really cute!!!! I'm trying to get Greg to consider doing our bedroom in a little bit of damask, or at the very least toille, we'll see. I bet you'll be sick of it and moving on the the next trend before he'll really consider it.