Monday, October 19, 2009

A Knight of Murder

Our friends Trista and Heather pulled together an amazing murder mystery party on Saturday. Everone came dressed to the nines (we had friends who rented from Hale theater for the occasion). Kev and I came in more of the Kmart 30% off attire--which worked just fine. Kev looked kinda like Joseph Smith. My platinum hair and two-inch eyelashes looked like Barbie swallowed Cher. We had a great time.

King Randy stood around demanding more ale, Maid Medusa reminded me all night that I'd ruined her happiness, Sir Rufus died gallantly and had his outline taped to Trista's floor. The jester bounced around the room and under the table. We were served an entire rotissoire chicken per couple! The sherrif looked like Lord Farquardt from Shrek!

We will have to make it an annual tradition.

Wyatt Worker and Maid Victoria
The good citizens of Fernwood


2 comments:

Megan said...

Ooo, how fun!! How does Murder Mystery night work? Is it a game? I always hear of these people having Murder Mystery night and I want to know how this works, it sounds so fun!

Kelly said...

My only regret...That I didn't think to take my "beard" off until the very end of the night. Argh!
The pic that we got of you at Charity's house is so cute! You are so thin and beautiful! You need to steal that one from me and post it!
So fun! I love your commentary on your pics.
Btw, I've started collating my pics on my blog instead of slide shows bc someday I want to publish my blog into book form for me to keep, slide shows won't publish.
Also, a side note, my kids had been coughing and running a fever the night before they had a sick day, but now both of them have been asking to "not go to school today" for no particular reason ever since my mom did that. So, not a good thing. =)