Thursday, June 12, 2008

History Fair Extraordinaire!



These were a couple of my favorite displays--Joan of Arc dead at her stake and Marie Antoinette demonstrating her guillotine.
Kourtney participated in the annual 6th grade history fair yesterday. The kids did such an impressive job--lots of work. Of course Mrs. Long is notorious for demanding great work, and the history fair is the event for which she's best known.


Kourtney did the history of the Olympics. She wore a white sheet toga, and she made a great display board. Below is a picture of Kourt with her good friend Henry VIII--Anna. Also on display is the 37-page report Kourt completed for the fair.
Mrs. Long is tough, and I've really loved her. I've watched Kourt blossom from asking me how to do nearly every assignment to doing this history fair project all on her own. She just wanted me to proof-read the report at the end and pin her toga. Way to go, Kourt!























1 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a weird comment b4 mine...do u know that person?
Way to go Kourtney! What an accomplishment! I can't remember the last time I wrote a 37 page report, if ever!