Friday, June 13, 2008

The Real World

Yesterday morning I got off the treadmill (that is crucial information for what you are about to see), grabbed some juice and checked my Google Reader. That's where I came across Liza's challenge. Gulp--I'm up for it. Here's mine.



RULES: GO take the following 10 pictures right now, without cleaning up!!



1. What is your favorite place?




(This is why I waited a whole day to post this--I totally took all the pictures without cheating, promise. I was just waiting for this pic.)


My childhood house in Idaho. My sister's family eventually bought it from my dad when we moved--thanks for the picture, Nettty! It's this big, beautiful old farmhouse built in 1922 out in the country. You can hear the birds chirping and the giant trees rustling. It is full of hardwood entryways, creaky floorboards, copper door knobs and nostaligia. There's this great rust and cream-colored velveted wallpaper with tulips and other flowers on it down one hall. In fact I picked my blogger background because it reminds me of that wallpaper. There are two built-in book cabinets in the family room that were always stuffed with old hardback books that I thought were so neat. I could be totally alone there and never feel alone. It's a great place to walk out in the open, read, think and have big parties. I remember lawns full of people bbq-ing, playing croquet and nights of teenagers crammed around the kitchen table playing Masterpiece and Uno.



2. Show us your kitchen sink.


I need to unload the dishwasher.




3. Self portrait:

So embarrassing. Warned ya I just got off the treadmill.

4.What is your favorite room in your house?

I think this will be my favorite some day because it has so much potential. It has my piano, lots of wall space for big mirrors and paintings and the window nooks. I just painted in here, and I love the color. I also love these chairs. Still pretty bare though.


Sadly, this is probably my actual favorite room because it's the only place in the house that's finished--and it's not even a room. It's a landing above the coat closet. SAD.
5. Show us your second bathroom.

Liza showed her 1/2 bath, so that's what I'm doing. The girls' bathroom is pretty clean actually because I just cleaned it up for Kylene to come babysit over the weekend. It's just not very cute right now. (Family, can we please just put the t.p. on the roll when we get out a new one!!)



6. Show us inside your closet


The first picture is Kev's side. Those two ancient suit coats in front are from our 70s night. I image Kevin would want that noted. We also keep our Qtips up high away from Grace. The second is mine.



7. Show us your laundry room.

Got to work on that after this picture. Thanks for the motivation.


8. What are your children doing right now?

Kourtney and Ashley are at school. Grace is eating her mid-morning turkey pepperonis and sauce snack with some grapes. CUTE sauce face!!

9. Show us the inside of your fridge.

Um, I cook like 2-3 days a week. Girls, we've had this discussion before. Everyone is picky. I actually short-order or say, "I made this tonight. If you don't like it, you know how to make Ramen or grilled cheese." Heather, you can show this picture to Bryan.


10. Show us your favorite pair of shoes.

My current favorites are my white bejewelled flip flops Kerry made me because they compliment my purple toes. That is a really unflattering picture though. I should have done a cuter pose like Liza. These showcase my big toe-fat.




Okay, there you have it. If you're up for it, I challenge you to let us into your Real World!!








1 comments:

hunterfam said...

Okay Mindy I took the challenge, that was fun. Thanks!