Wednesday, May 28, 2008

College BFFs!!

We had a great Memorial Weekend. I got to kick it off Friday night with my best girlfriends from college. Liza took this great picture of us (although I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at--hello, Mindy). We were missing Andrea (who's in Nashville still?--where is Andrea?), Katie (who's in Florida) and Emily (who's in Virginia).

We met at Gateway, chatted and ate at Z'tejas, skipped a movie and chatted more over dessert in Applebees until nearly 1:00. So much fun. I love these girls.

Next to me in the picture is Eliza, who is now the mother of four boys. Liza all through college always had the best clothes and the most beautiful hair. I still remember her sister Alli saying that when Eliza wakes in the morning she still has perfect hair. The closet opens, the birds and the deer come out to greet her. So true. Liza is a classic beauty. Liza loves slurpies and has always had the best one-liners. She and her entire family are hilarious.

Next to Eliza is Tricia. We went to high school together, but we were never really bffs til college, when she came to room with us from Rick's (byu idaho, whatever). Tricia always had the longest real fingernails I have ever seen. My favorite memories of Tricia are Dr. Pepper, peanut butter M&Ms and giggling over nothing for hours. Tricia married Kevin's roomate Shane and now has three girls and a boy.

Amy is next to Tricia. She now has two boys and a girl. She married Kevin's other roomate Brett. My favorite memories of Amy are seeing her duct taped to the bench by the pool (on account of the boys we later married) and visiting her in Arizona with some freshman friends (so I could visit my then-beau who lived in Mesa near Amy). Remember how Bryce sort of totalled the rental car we were driving and was a hemopheliac so we spent some time of that vacation in the er?--good times.

We had so much fun. Can't wait to do it again, Girls!!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Those were very nice tributes... you are such a sweetie! I had so much fun. We should start planning now for the next one since it takes a month to work out all the kinks!

btw...Andrea is in Chicago :)

Kelly said...

How great that you girls can get back together! Beautiful picture!

I am Chree-uz. said...

Are these the same ladies you say "What Happens in Vegas" with? : )

A little bird informed me you are one year older and wiser too this day...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIND!

By the way, sorry my cartoon won't work, I wonder why. You can search it on youtube.com under "Ham and Juice" if that helps!
See ya this weekend!

Eliza said...

yes! Happy Bithday late!

Willardson Family said...

How fun!! And it sounds like I'm a loser for not knowing it was your Birthday!! Happy Birthday! We will have to celebrate at the cabin!!