Thursday, May 8, 2008

Well slap my hide and call me Nancy



I recently found the blogs of two long-lost friends, and I'm feeling like Nancy Drew--without getting myself tied up in an abandoned building or being threatened by a "ghost." I was so excited to find them. I can't believe I ever lost such complete and total touch with these two great people.

First of all, I totally freaked out Christina--my good friend from high school--by leaving a random comment on her blog. I may have made her leary of ever trusting cyberspace again. She posted this hilarious picture of us from a high school journalism trip. I luuuuv this picture. I can't belive all our hair fit in the frame. Starting at the bottom left, we have Jeanette (whose magazine website is linked on the side column), Sandra, Christina and me. Christina is witty, smart and never wastes space with insincerity. Did I mention hilarious?

Also, I found my cute college roommate Emily's blog. Her husband Jeff just happened to post a few pictures of their new baby back in December for the benefit of some friends in California. They never really looked at the blog again until I happened to find it. Crazy. I copied this picture of Emily with her three kids from her blog too.

I love cyberspace. Although it is a little creepy that our information is accessible world-wide (ah, hence the name 'world-wide web'), I for one am very glad to be a person with that kind of access. If hunting down old friends from the past and making them feel insecure, wondering if there are other stalkers out there who aren't so innocent is wrong, then I don't want to be right. Anyway, glad to have found you, Emily and Christina!!!


0 comments: