Friday, May 30, 2008

More Good Times with Good Friends




We got together last Saturday over Memorial Weekend with our great friends and former neighbors, the Paynes. We used to all live in the same little neighborhood in Lehi, and our girls have stayed friends over the years. This is one of the calmest shots I could get out of them--all girls. Not a man child among us.

The kids and Brad started out with Guitar Hero; then once Kev arrived from work (about an hour late, due to my fabulous directions) we moved on to the "Would You Rather" game. Great fun. It has questions such as, "As a man, would you rather have your grandmother's first name or her haircut?" Hmmm. Call me John (the name of both my grandpas) any day in place of staring at my thinning silver comb-over :)

The girls played tag, keep-away and hide n seek all over the Paynes' house. My girls think Celene is the best mom ever because the allows catch in the house!!

Kourtney and Kellie met in nursery when the girls were three years old and were instant buddies. These are a few cute memory moments.

Kourt and Kellie at the pumpkin patch for a pre-school field trip at the age of three.

Kellie, Kaitlyn and Kourtney dancing.

Kaitlyn, Kellie and Kourtney painting their toes.

5 comments:

Karen said...

We're sorry we didn't get together while we were in Utah too! We should have been more proactive about letting the family know we were in town. It would have been good to see you guys.
Looks like you're having a lot of fun with old friends!

Amber said...

I laughed out loud when I read your response to the 'would you rather' question. I agree--I think you would look weird with a silver combover--as would I, with my grandpa's sleek black hair or my other grandpa's gray flat-top. Call me Paul or Clifford any day!

Gracie looks like a lion in that picture! LOL!!!

Mindy K said...

Hee, hee, you see my point then. And yes, Gracie does look like a lion in that picture-which is very fitting. She kept attacking Brynlee (sp?) their youngest who is older than Grace but really small for her age. Not nice.

Ashley said...

Mindy - it's Ashley (Celene's sis)
She told me about your blog today, I keep telling her that she needs one too.
Cute fam - your girls are so big! Fun to see our cute family.

Mindy K said...

Ashley!!
How are you? It's so fun to catch up on blogs!! Can you believe the time? I can't believe you have a baby girl. Olivia is a beautiful name.

Celene told me you and Ginger have blogs--so fun. I know, she needs to post one so we can keep in better touch. If you ever read this send me a link!!